Sunday, July 10, 2011

Launch

In this picture, instead of doing a rocket like other people did i decided to do launch as it pertains to launching a boat into the water via a boat ramp. I drew the boat as if it had just come off the trailer and into the water. I tried to use a darker shade for the sky and a lighter color sun to make it seem like this was happening later in the day. I added salt into the water to give it texture and tried to make waves behind the boat to show that it had just been put in.

8 comments:

  1. I liked the idea of a boat not a rocket and I liked you watercolors and the use of a wave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry- the last comment was from Kathleen Baker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the thinking out side of the box and using a boat! Really cool and creative! This is a really good piece good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gifted with the water colors my friend. Way to think outside of the box and do something other than a rocket. Next time try to make it more realistic with the boat and people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is extremely imaginative! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you shaded your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the idea of a boat not a rocket and I liked you watercolors and the use of a wave.

    ReplyDelete